Harbour and XML Documentation
ike
2010-04-27 15:58:41 UTC
Hi!

I'm newbie in Harbour language.

I need to read XML file using Harbour language. I try to search some
documentation without luky.

I found hbxml library bun unfortunatly without any documentation.

Someone can help me ?

TIA
Ike

Posted using www.webuse.net
Ella
2010-04-27 16:40:38 UTC
Hello,

I can't help with topics related to the "Harbour language"

In case you have meant xHarbour, you have more options:

1. Subscribe to the free online documentation and access it at:
http://www.xharbour.com/xhdn/referenceguide/

2. Download a free xBuilder distribution at:
http://free.xharbour.com/free.xHarbour.com/Index.html

My suggestion is to review these topics:
TXmlDocument
HB_XmlErrorDesc
TXmlNode
TXmlIterator
TXmlIteratorScan
TXmlteratorRegex

Ella

P.S. You might want to see some sample code here:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.xharbour/browse_thread/thread/9013e1faf91fd4ad/30f295241052b32b?lnk=gst&q=xml#30f295241052b32b
Posted usingwww.webuse.net
ike
2010-04-28 14:54:21 UTC
Ella <***@xharbour.com> wrote:

Hi Ella.

Hbxml.ch is in /harbour/contrib/xhb also.

So I try to use your example to testing shb funtonality.
First of all I had to update xml1.prg as:

#include "/home/ivan/src/harbour/contrib/xhb/hbxml.ch"

Then I compile as follow:

***@VegaDSK:~/src/mySrc/xmlEx1$ hbmk2 xml1.prg -lxhb -L/usr/local/lib/harbour
hbmk2: Processing configuration: /usr/bin/hbmk.cfg
Harbour 2.1.0beta1 (Rev. 14394)
Copyright (c) 1999-2010, http://www.harbour-project.org/
Compiling 'xml1.prg'...
Lines 168, Functions/Procedures 1
Generating C source output to '/tmp/xml1.c'... Done.
***@VegaDSK:~/src/mySrc/xmlEx1$ ./xml1

Error BASE/1099 Argument error: STR

Called from STR(0)
Called from MAIN(19)

Can you help me?
TIA
Ivan
Ella
Posted using www.webuse.net
dlzc
2010-04-28 16:57:28 UTC
Post by ike
Hi Ella.
Hbxml.ch is in /harbour/contrib/xhb also.
So I try to use your example to testing shb funtonality.
#include "/home/ivan/src/harbour/contrib/xhb/hbxml.ch"
hbmk2: Processing configuration: /usr/bin/hbmk.cfg
Harbour 2.1.0beta1 (Rev. 14394)
Copyright (c) 1999-2010,http://www.harbour-project.org/
Compiling 'xml1.prg'...
Lines 168, Functions/Procedures 1
Generating C source output to '/tmp/xml1.c'... Done.
Error BASE/1099  Argument error: STR
Called from STR(0)
Called from MAIN(19)
Can you help me?
TIA
Ivan
STR is a library function. Apparently your path or your complier
directives do not point to where the various libraries are located.
Fix that.

David A. Smith
c***@gmail.com
2010-04-28 17:21:25 UTC
Ivan
I suggest you to install xharbour in place of harbour

and use the hbmake utility to compile your app

Regards
Luiz